College Sense: What College and High School Advisors Don’t Tell You about College
Use College Sense because college is way too expensive not to come with an instruction manual! College Sense, the Revised Edition is the long anticipated revised edition to the awarding winning college guide, College Sense: What College and High School Advisors Don’t Tell You about. This guide reveals:
- The 5 costliest mistakes students make choosing a college and how to avoid them
- How to pick the right major the first time around
- How to earn up to 30 college credits without taking a college course
- How to avoid the student debt trap
- How to successfully transfer to a 4 year college
- Over 100 proven tips to help students find success socially, academically, and financially in college
- And much more!
College Sense is perfect for:
- High School and Pre-college students
- First year college students
- Community college students
- First Year Experience Programs
- Parents of College Bound Student
- TRIO and other pre-college prep programs
Sophomore Success: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Achieve Every Goal and Having a Great Time in Your Second Year of College
Finally, a college success guide just for college sophomores!
Whether you struggled to adjust your first year of college, barely passed your classes or didn’t meet all of your expectations, this guide will help you create the foundation for a more enriching collegiate experience in and outside the classroom your sophomore year and beyond. Sophomore Success is your step-by-step guide to achieving every goal and having a great time in your second year of college.
Inside the pages of this book—DISCOVER…
- Creative ways to pay for your second year of college and avoid student debt
- How to choose a major that best reflects your values, passion, and interest
- How to avoid burnout in order to get more out of your sophomore year of college
- And much more!
Up Your Org: A Guide to Help Student Leaders Thrive
A blueprint of how to be a successful campus leader. Whether you’re a seasoned student leader or if you’re thinking about getting involved on your campus, this book is packed with information to equip you to become a great student leader. It’s a hands-on guide all about student leadership development and how to get you there efficiently. Whatever your position is in the organization, this book will provide with the tools to take your student leadership skills to the next level!
Student leaders will discover:
- How to run more efficient, fun meetings that still get things done
- How to get buy-in, even from apathetic students
- Effective ways to partner well with administration and other campus organizations
- Ways to create a more inclusive and safer campus community
- How to create dynamic programs that will be well attended – even on a shoestring budget
- Methods to reenergize your student organization in the best and worst of times
Up Your Org: A Guide to Help Club Advisors Thrive
Up Your Org A Guide To Help Club Advisors Thrive is intended as a guide to help professionals of student led college organizations. It is a convenient, easy to read guide aimed at helping advisors solve some of their most pressing issues. This guide covers several important topics such as: marketing standing room only events, organizing conferences, getting faculty buy-in, creative ways to manage budgets, assessing events, and writing learning outcomes for your events. Whether you are a first-time advisor or a seasoned advisor, this guide will help you to better serve student leaders and create an enriching campus environment.
This innovative book is perfect for:
- Student Activity Directors/Coordinators
- Greek Advisors Club and Student Organization
- Advisors First Year Experience Directors
- Residence Life Professionals Graduate Assistants
Up Your Org: A Guide to Help Orientation Leaders Thrive
No one ever said that being a student orientation leader is easy. As a former orientation leader, I completely understand the challenges that orientation leaders encounter. I’ve written this book with you in mind. This guide covers several important topics, such as facilitating small groups, planning dynamic events, dealing with “difficult parents,” and being an effective peer mentor. Whether you are a seasoned orientation leader or first-timer, this guide will help you to better serve new students and create an enriching collegiate experience starting day one.
Orientation leaders will also discover:
• Creative ways to connect students to your campus as soon as they arrive on campus
• How to masterfully balance and prioritize the first eight weeks of the school year
• How to market events that will result in standing room only attendance
• How to organize a well-attended event from start to finish
• Fun and enjoyable ice breakers for all and practical event evaluation forms
This innovative book is perfect for:
• Orientation Leaders
• FYE Training
• Residence Life Professionals
• Student Ambassador Programs
Students Go To College For Free: 50 Plus Ways to Earn a B.S. without the B.S.
Stressed about how you’re going to pay for your college education? Looking for a way to get your degree without going into a lifetime of debt? Students Go to College For Free has the solution. This book is for all students-high school, college, graduate, non-traditional college students, advisors, and counselors.
In this book, you’ll discover:
• How to attend a tuition-free college
• How to attend prestigious schools without the ACT or SAT
• How to get both your master’s degree and doctorate for free
• How to pay in-state tuition even if you’re out of state
• How to earn 30 or more college credits before taking a college class
• And much, much more!
Quote These (College Edition)
the most astounding book of quotes ever assembled to assist and inspire college students. Categorized by such themes as transition, relationships, and time management, this book is a great resource whether you’re writing speeches, personal statements, essays, or just looking for guidance during those often riddle filled college years.